Saturday, May 12, 2007

A Tribute to Mom

"She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teachings of kindness are on her tongue....Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: many women have done excellently, but she surpasses them all." -Proverbs 31:26,28-29.

How can anyone be more beautiful that the woman described in Proverbs 31? I have been blessed with a Proverbs 31 mom; the words in this chapter of the Bible describe her perfectly. She teaches my brother and me with such wisdom and kindness. It is difficult to find any fault about her. She most definitely surpasses any other mom that I know of; God has blessed me with the best mom that I think possible. In all that she does she displays the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). I can see Jesus through the way Mom conducts her every action. If God blesses me with a family of my own, I pray that I can care for them the way that she cares for me. My mom: teacher, mediator, counselor, excellent wife, gourmet cook, expert gardener, and best friend forever. No one could ever replace her.
THANKS MOM FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Mother's day present to read such kind words. Too bad it's all lies! I think you exaggerate just a bit. However, the love you have for me is all true. I love you too!
Mom

Anonymous said...

interesting, i thing my mom is the best mom in the world. don't we all?

Anonymous said...

You know most images of a 'normal mother' don't fit my mother, but this one works.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.